- This course has passed.
To express your interest in attending this course, hit the contact button below to receive further course details from your course host, including how to pay and register your place. Please note that an enquiry does not confirm your place on the course.
- Butler DS (2000) The Sensitive Nervous System, Noigroup, Adelaide. (Chapters 2-5)
- Nee RJ, Butler DS 2006 Management of peripheral neuropathic pain. Integrating neurobiology, neurodynamics and clinical evidence. Physical Therapy in Sport: 7: 36-49
- Yirmiya R, Goshen I (2011) Immune modulation of learning, memory, neural plasticity and neurogenesis. Brain, Behav, Immun 25: 181
This course aims to:
- provide a basic knowledge of neuroanatomy, neurodynamics, neuroimmunology and neuropathobiology related to the manual examination of the nervous system
- teach safe and effective diagnostic skills in the examination and interpretation of physical dysfunction of the nervous system
- present neurodynamic movements and techniques as antigenic
- provide new therapeutic narrative for explaining symptoms in conditions with altered neurodynamics
- deliver a deeper understanding of known, ‘tough’ clinical presentations such as chronic nerve root problems and persistent entrapment pathologies
Bob Johnson PT, MS, OCS
Language: English, Region: United States of America
Courses: Mobilisation of the Neuroimmune System, Explain Pain
Robert Johnson PT, DPT, OCS is Co-Owner of ACHIEVE Manual Physical Therapy in Chicago, IL. He is past –Chair of the Orthopedic Specialty Council of the ABPTS, serving on the committee for two consecutive terms from 1999-2007. He is a practicing clinician specializing in manual therapy, spinal dysfunction and pain management since graduating from Northwestern University in 1979. He is a former faculty member of Northwestern University Medical School. He is Senior lecturer for NOI US, teaching with David Butler/NOI in the area of neurobiology / pain science /clinical neurodynamics since 1999.
He teaches all NOI course offerings.He is also is a consultant with Karuna VR, promoting utilization of a virtual reality application for individuals with post-injury/post-surgical persistent pain. Bob continues to lead clinically relevant neuro-orthopedic/pain management seminars locally, nationally and internationally.
“Bob was a great instructor! He was engaging, passionate, realistic and non-judgemental”
Neuro Orthopaedic Institute
19 North Street, Adelaide City West
South Australia 5000 Australia
ABN 61 064 209 981