- Butler DS (2000) The Sensitive Nervous System, Noigroup, Adelaide. (Chapters 2-5)
- Nee RJ, Butler DS 2006 Management of peripheral neuropathic pain. Integrating neurobiology, neurodynamics and clinical evidence. Physical Therapy in Sport: 7: 36-49
- Yirmiya R, Goshen I (2011) Immune modulation of learning, memory, neural plasticity and neurogenesis. Brain, Behav, Immun 25: 181
This course aims to:
- provide a basic knowledge of neuroanatomy, neurodynamics, neuroimmunology and neuropathobiology related to the manual examination of the nervous system
- teach safe and effective diagnostic skills in the examination and interpretation of physical dysfunction of the nervous system
- present neurodynamic movements and techniques as antigenic
- provide new therapeutic narrative for explaining symptoms in conditions with altered neurodynamics
- deliver a deeper understanding of known, ‘tough’ clinical presentations such as chronic nerve root problems and persistent entrapment pathologies
Luke Bongiorno, PT, MCMT
Language: English, Region: United States of America
Courses: Mobilisation of the Neuroimmune System, Graded Motor Imagery 1 day, US, Explain Pain Applications, Graded Motor Imagery, Explain Pain, US, In New York by Night, EP Online 2020, Explain Pain, Explain Pain – AU
Luke graduated from The University of Melbourne, and is currently in clinical practice in New York. One of New York City’s most prominent physical therapists, Luke practices a ‘hands-on’ approach combining his advanced manual skills with neuromuscular/exercise and education Luke has a strong belief that education is fundamental in optimizing patient recovery and performance. He has taught advanced skills courses in Manual Therapy internationally since 2004 and has been on the NOI faculty since since 2015.
Luke has extensive experience in the management of acute and chronic pain and sports injuries and is affiliated in the clinical education programs of Columbia University and Touro College. Luke also treats professional and Olympic athletes as well as touring performing arts/dance company members. He currently serves as a consultant with the NBA League as well as European soccer professional teams.
Luke is the co-founder of NY Sports Medicine which was later acquired by Orthology. He is currently involved in clinical research focused on injury management and is developing guidelines for injury prevention in sports medicine and in the workplace.
Neuro Orthopaedic Institute (Australasia) Pty Ltd
19 North Street
Adelaide SA 5000
ABN 61 064 209 981