Session 1: Friday, 4 December, 2.00 pm – 6.00pm (ACST)
Session 2: Saturday, 5 December, 9.00 am – 5.00pm (ACST)
Session 3: Sunday, 6 December, 9.00 am – 1.00pm (ACST)
Course Fee: AUD $550 inc GST
Explain Pain Online – live and interactive
Prices inc. online sessions, workbook (hardcopy where possible)
Cancellation fees may apply – check details
- The course will be live and delivered via Zoom
- Class sizes are kept small to maximise interaction and time for questions
- NOI’s usual high quality
- Comprehensive teaching materials will be provided
In a world experiencing an epidemic of chronic pain and increasing evidence of the failure of synthetic drugs, simple but extremely powerful educational tools can effectively target the natural pain treatment systems within us all.
Knowledge is power. In the new series of Explain Pain courses delivered by NOI instructors around the world, contemporary pain sciences are made accessible and understandable for all.
We know more about pain in the last twenty years than in the thousand years before and it’s all providing answers to “why do I hurt the way I do” and “what can I do about it”. The knowledge is applicable to young and old, from back pain to hemiplegia and general aching to the complexities of phantom pain and complex regional pain syndrome.
Explain Pain works to reduce catastrophisation and negative pain beliefs and when combined with active treatment, reduces pain and enhances return to work and play. Explain Pain has no side effects, is available around the clock, and you can share the knowledge and strategies with others.
Don’t miss this opportunity. NOI Explain Pain courses are fun, intellectually stimulating, based on evidence, always challenging, and integrate the Explain Pain ecosystem of Explain Pain, The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer, and Explain Pain Supercharged. You will come away with the most impressive therapeutic tool set ever!
A strength of the Explain Pain course is that participants come from many professions, so come with an open mind.
Other related reading: Moseley GL & Butler DS (2015) Fifteen years of Explaining Pain: the past, the present and future, J Pain 16, 803-13.
This course is open to:
Health professionals working with patients or clients in acute and chronic pain and stress states.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- reconceptualised pain and stress based on neuroimmunology, modern pain sciences and bioplasticity of homeostatic systems
- constructed a conceptual change framework to deliver individual and group educational therapy
- gained an understanding of the growing evidence for Explain Pain and recognise opportunities to integrate Explain Pain with other biopsychosocial evidence based strategies.
- gathered a collection of therapeutic narratives using metaphor, literal story and linked multimedia, and the skills to construct patient centred education interventions in real time
- developed the skills to use the Protectometer to identify immediately applicable and educationally informed multimodal treatment strategies
- built the confidence to plan and deliver treatment for all patients with persistent pain and stress, and educate other stakeholders
Terms and conditions | Registrant cancellation:
- Up to 21 days prior to the course – NOI will refund the course fee less a $50.00 admin fee.
- Eight to 20 days prior to the start of the course – NOI will refund 50% of your course fee.
- Within seven days of the start of the course – no refund, however, your registration may be transferred to a colleague in which case they will need to submit their own registration form with contact and dietary details.
- In the event of NOI having to cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances notification will be sent as soon as possible via your contact details provided and registrants will receive a full refund of the course fee.
- Course places are secured once payment has been successfully processed.
Explain Pain Online, AU *FULL* in on
NOI Lead Instructor Australasia
Language: English, Region: Australasia
Courses: Graded Motor Imagery, Explain Pain, EP Online 2020, Graded Motor Imagery, AU 2020, Explain Pain, AU 2020, Explain Pain–Japan, Explain Pain Applications, Graded Motor Imagery – AU, Explain Pain – AU
Tim graduated from the University of South Australia in 1998 with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy). He commenced work in private practice immediately after graduating and spent the next 8 years learning about life and people in the outer, industrial suburbs of Adelaide.
In 2005 Tim started delivering pain education program to clients of a local government agency which assisted injured job seekers find employment. In 2006 Tim was enticed to join the organisation, CRS Australia, to develop and deliver a range of health education programs. A move back to private industry in 2008 as an allied health consultant culminated in Tim being nominated for and winning the Health and Rehabilitation Individual Achievement award at the state wide WorkCover SA Recovery and Return to Work Awards.
Tim joined NOI full time in 2014 and continues as the lead Australasian NOI Instructor, International Faculty Manager, and contributing editor to the NOI blog, noijam.com, while assisting with research and development of NOI books and products. Tim was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia and continues to reside there with his wife, three children, two cats and a dog.
“Tim’s presentation was by far the most engaging of any PD I have been to in the last 17 years! A great balance of natural humour, respect of participants and explanation of key concepts throughout the course – Tim is an exceptional presenter!”
“Tim is such a captivating and engaging presenter, he held my full attention and focus over the span of 3 days which is rather impressive! He was able to link concepts together well, provided great practical examples and ways of integrating new knowledge into clinical practice.”
Neuro Orthopaedic Institute
19 North Street, Adelaide City West
South Australia 5000 Australia
ABN 61 064 209 981