- This course has passed.
To express your interest in attending this course, hit the contact button below to receive further course details from your course host, including how to pay and register your place. Please note that an enquiry does not confirm your place on the course.
6 Online Sessions
Session 1: Monday 07 September, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (IST)
Session 2: Wednesday 09 September, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (IST)
Session 3: Friday 11 September, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (IST)
Session 4: Monday 14 September, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (IST)
Session 5: Wednesday 16 September, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (IST)
Session 6: Friday 18 September, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (IST)
Explain Pain Online – live and interactive
Prices inc. online sessions, workbook (hardcopy where possible)
Cancellation fees may apply – check details
- The course will be live and delivered via Zoom
- Class sizes are kept small to maximise interaction and time for questions
- NOI’s usual high quality
- Comprehensive teaching materials will be provided
In a world experiencing an epidemic of chronic pain and increasing evidence of the failure of synthetic drugs, simple but extremely powerful educational tools can effectively target the natural pain treatment systems within us all.
Knowledge is power. In the new series of Explain Pain courses delivered by NOI instructors around the world, contemporary pain sciences are made accessible and understandable for all.
We know more about pain in the last twenty years than in the thousand years before and it’s all providing answers to “why do I hurt the way I do” and “what can I do about it”. The knowledge is applicable to young and old, from back pain to hemiplegia and general aching to the complexities of phantom pain and complex regional pain syndrome.
Explain Pain works to reduce catastrophisation and negative pain beliefs and when combined with active treatment, reduces pain and enhances return to work and play. Explain Pain has no side effects, is available around the clock, and you can share the knowledge and strategies with others.
Don’t miss this opportunity. NOI Explain Pain courses are fun, intellectually stimulating, based on evidence, always challenging, and integrate the Explain Pain ecosystem of Explain Pain, The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer, and Explain Pain Supercharged. You will come away with the most impressive therapeutic tool set ever!
A strength of the Explain Pain course is that participants come from many professions, so come with an open mind.
Other related reading: Moseley GL & Butler DS (2015) Fifteen years of Explaining Pain: the past, the present and future, J Pain 16, 803-13.
This course is open to:
Health professionals working with patients or clients in acute and chronic pain and stress states.
By the end of this course participants will have:
- reconceptualised pain and stress based on neuroimmunology, modern pain sciences and bioplasticity of homeostatic systems
- constructed a conceptual change framework to deliver individual and group educational therapy
- gained an understanding of the growing evidence for Explain Pain and recognise opportunities to integrate Explain Pain with other biopsychosocial evidence based strategies.
- gathered a collection of therapeutic narratives using metaphor, literal story and linked multimedia, and the skills to construct patient centred education interventions in real time
- developed the skills to use the Protectometer to identify immediately applicable and educationally informed multimodal treatment strategies
- built the confidence to plan and deliver treatment for all patients with persistent pain and stress, and educate other stakeholders
Terms and conditions | Registrant cancellation:
- Up to 21 days prior to the course – NOI will refund the course fee less a $50.00 admin fee.
- Eight to 20 days prior to the start of the course – NOI will refund 50% of your course fee.
- Within seven days of the start of the course – no refund, however, your registration may be transferred to a colleague in which case they will need to submit their own registration form with contact and dietary details.
- In the event of NOI having to cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances notification will be sent as soon as possible via your contact details provided and registrants will receive a full refund of the course fee.
- Course places are secured once payment has been successfully processed.
Explain Pain Online, IN in on
NOI Instructor, NOI India
Language: English, Region: India, Asia
Courses: EP Online 2020, Mobilisation of the Neuroimmune System – Noigroup India, Mobilisation of the Neuroimmune System, Graded Motor Imagery, Explain Pain
Prakkash R. Sharoff
Prakkash has been teaching Mobilisation of the Nervous System course in India since 2011 and following an intensive update with David Butler and the NOI team in NOI HQ, Adelaide, he is now conducting the Explain Pain and Graded Motor Imagery courses in India. He will also continue teaching Mobilisation of the Nervous System in its new form, Mobilisation of the Neuroimmune System.
In 2001 Prakkash received his Bachelor of Physiotherapy from Seth GS Medical College, KEM Hospital, Mumbai, and then went straight into private practice. 2005 saw a move to the University of South Australia resulting in his Masters of Orthopaedics, Sports and Manual Therapy. Prakkash was awarded the Marie Hammond Prize (2007) for highest achievement in the master’s program by the Australian Physiotherapy Association and the University of South Australia.
Prakkash has worked with national and international level sporting teams both in India and Australia. He is a consulting physiotherapist for Olympic Gold Quest and provides treatment and consultation to some of India’s finest athletes. Currently the director of Physiohealth Pain Management & Performance Enhancement, Prakkash is also the senior instructor for its Research & Teaching Institute branch where he teaches various courses.
Neuro Orthopaedic Institute
19 North Street, Adelaide City West
South Australia 5000 Australia
ABN 61 064 209 981