noijam: nervous system
noijam: nɔɪdʒæm, since 2013
Ad. Spreadable, digestible, sticky, musical, noisy, flavoursome, harmonious, collaborative
Noun. Communal music session, crowd, signal interference, tight space
Verb. Press, squeeze, crowd
A new class of rehabilitation professional is now emerging – we can call this person a clinical scientist (or scientific clinician). Here we are referring to a professional at the clinical battlefront who uses reasoning science to integrate the best of modern science to help the patient in front of them. Clinical scientist activity ranges from reading and integrating science in the clinic to active data collection and analysis. This blog is for clinicians in the world of science.
Noijam is about:
- Providing an open liberal discussion forum led by experienced clinicians, focusing on the treatment of ongoing pain states via nervous system changing therapies based on movement and education
- Facilitating findings from science into clinical decision making
- Enhancing links between clinicians and researcher
- Bringing researchable ideas from the clinic to the fore.
We welcome all helpful, respectful, constructive and reasoned comments and questions on Noijam. All comments are checked before they appear and some delays due to time differences may be encountered.
Comments that will not be allowed include those that:
- Request specific advice about an individual condition
- Link to the commenter’s personal webpage/blog or are in any other way spam or promotional in nature.
- Promote dangerous and/or unproven treatment approaches
- Are off-topic, unrelated or not relevant to the post
- Are abusive towards other people making comments or the author of the post.
- Are otherwise counterproductive to the aims and objectives of NOIjam to encourage discussion and disseminate scientifically accurate information
There are nearly two billion people in the world with an ongoing pain state – we can’t take questions from individual sufferers nor can we provide individual treatment advice but we do have a find a clinician service where you can locate clinicians around the world with Explain Pain education. You may also find reading the clinically orientated stories within noijam helpful.
Enter your name and email address to receive notifications of new noijam blog posts by email.